Monday, December 13, 2010

the most wonderful time of the year...

I love Christmas time. I love the decorations, the snow, the music, the eggnog, but mostly the spirit the season brings from celebrating Christ.


I thought to share some holiday cheer by putting up my Christmas decor on here (Oh no I'm speaking in rhymes). It's not much decoration, but it makes me happy and it is the one holiday I actually decorate for. 


Christmas Table Runner:
 Before Thanksgiving I was already getting excited for Christmas, so I decided to make a table runner out of  scraps of material I had. I decided to do a fall theme for the back of the table runner, which means two table runners in one. Score!


Fall side:
Christmas Side:

Another project I wanted to try out were these Magazine Christmas Trees that I saw on Martha Stewart's website. I must admit though, Brigg did most of them (he might not like me putting that on here, but seriously he is an excellent tree folder). They were much more tedious and time consuming then I thought and thus Brigg was so kind to help me out. I love how they turned out but probably won't be attempting them again for along time.


 meet my gnome friend, Fred from Germany. Isn't he just adorable!

Our Elf Stockings:
 I made these two Christmas' ago and love them to death. Although I must admit that the elves that would fit these stockings would need to be pretty tall or have fat little legs and big feet (a very curious looking elf is now forming in my head).

backside

and here is my tribute to the Nutcracker

and lastly our humble little Christmas tree. 


Merry Christmas!

turner

2 comments:

  1. I love the Grinch reference...you make me proud =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your decorations, they make the gloom of winter so much fun!! Wish we could be together again:)

    ReplyDelete